XC Soar items display

Daniel ABEL-COINDRE
Hi everyone,
This XC Soar software is great... however I am new with it as well as with Android... so I am still learning...
My device is Dell Streak 5...
I fly at Sisteron (Southern Alps) and what was making me very interested in it was the feature permitting to display the mounts names around the flight...
But it seems I cannot make it appearing when I fly... what did I do wrong... I did not see anything related to it in the 6.8.5 manual...
Is this feature still available?
Herewith attached a picture of this feature from your website!!!
Thanks a lot for your help,
Best regards,
Danny

map_terrain1.png (584K) Download Attachment

Re: XC Soar items display

Michel Busquet
Hi Danny.
If one flies in Sisteron, and need his XC Soar to know the names
displayed in this map, I think there is a security issue. I hope it
is not the case for you. If one does not know the name and places in
this zone close to his airfield, maybe he should have more double
seaters mountain flight experience, before coming there.
And remember, I think there is no more club in Seyne, and Prunieres
is a difficult place to land.

>Hi everyone,
>This XC Soar software is great... however I am new with it as well
>as with Android... so I am still learning...
>My device is Dell Streak 5...
>
>I fly at Sisteron (Southern Alps) and what was making me very
>interested in it was the feature permitting to display the mounts
>names around the flight...
>But it seems I cannot make it appearing when I fly... what did I do
>wrong... I did not see anything related to it in the 6.8.5 manual...
>Is this feature still available?
>Herewith attached a picture of this feature from your website!!!
>Thanks a lot for your help,
>Best regards,
>
>Danny

Re: XC Soar items display

Martin Kopplow
When I was flying double seater in the region, all the pilots who showed me around were Germans, and subsequently had a terrible german accent while trying to pronounce the french names. It was an eye opener for me, to see them accurately spelled in the moving map. At least I knew what they meant to say, then, and what the french pilots were actually talking about. I would not say seeing names in the map automatically constitutes a security issue. It's only one should not rely on it.

Martin

mobile +49 171 7984740