integrate Pioupiou weather stations into XCSoar (€1000 bounty)

integrate Pioupiou weather stations into XCSoar (€1000 bounty)

Nicolas Baldeck

Hi

More and more pilots are using open data from Pioupiou weather stations. There is a lot of stations on French paragliding spots, and now the network is expanding globally. http://pioupiou.fr/en/map

We would like that our users be able to check the wind in flight, directly from XCSoar.

The API documentation is here : http://developers.pioupiou.fr/

Here is the features we need :

  • must work at least on XCSoar for Android
  • display wind heading and speed markers on the map
  • display a graph of few hours of history data when clicked on a station
  • option for live refresh / update data every few minutes if the smartphone is connected to the internet

We offer a €1000 bounty, once every following conditions are met:

  • for the first one developer to push clean and working code to the XCSoar Git
  • the feature must be accepted and merged into the XCSoar main code
  • the developer should be able to provide us an invoice

For more details, you can contact me at [hidden email]

Trac ticket is here : https://bugs.xcsoar.org/ticket/3835

Nicolas Baldeck

Altostratus SA
rue bois Saint-Jean, 16